- Top of the List : Oatmeal is a nutritional powerhouse. It contains beta gluten, which is a thick, sticky fiber that helps a person to feel full for longer and may also lower cholesterol. Also, great for lowering blood pressure.
- Eggs Some people think that eggs are unhealthful because of the amount of cholesterol they contain. However, research has shown that the dietary cholesterol from eggs has only a minor impact on bad cholesterol, or low-density lipoprotein (LDL), in the blood.
- Nuts, eating nuts is another excellent way to get enough protein. Nuts also contain antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, and heart-healthful fats.
- Coffee also offers other health benefits due to its antioxidants, which help fight inflammation.
- Berries Berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries, are an excellent way to start the morning. They are low in calories, high in fiber, and contain disease-fighting antioxidants.
- Flax seeds The health benefits of flax seed include lowering blood levels of cholesterol, improving insulin sensitivity, lowering blood sugar, and even protecting against cancer.
- Greek yogurt is another excellent source of protein to eat in the morning. Greek yogurt is thick and creamy and contains more protein than regular strained yogurt.
- Greek yogurt is also rich in calcium and contains probiotics that help support a healthy gut and immune system.
- Tea These teas contain some caffeine but not as much as coffee. Tea can also help a person stay hydrated.
- Cottage cheese is also rich in B vitamins, vitamin A, and calcium. People can eat cottage cheese by itself, or mix it with other savory foods, such as pepper and spring onions, or fruit or nuts.
- Bananas contain resistant starch. The body does not digest resistant starch, so it travels through the body unchanged, which helps support digestive health. Unripe bananas contain more resistant starch than ripe bananas, which have more natural sugars.
Another cloudy rainy morning. Waking up temperatures were sitting at 6.6 C | 43.88 F Highway 522 is bare and travelling should be good other than a rainy day. Today it will be cloudy, breezy; a brief morning shower or two, then a little rain for the rest of the day. Not a great day weather wise. But in saying that all this rain is getting things growing. Trees are all out in bud and grass is greening up fast. Even the wild Leeks are up and my lovely wife made some Leek soup, yesterday. Pretty tasty too. With that I am off for my morning coffee and will see what the day has in store for us. Furnace is still running. Man long winter. GW
Bells Download Speed In Our Area Should Be: 5 Mbps
As of 8:45 AM May 13/ 2019 Our Speed Is
Not to bad this morning up and down.