This is a good recipe for helping your plants grow acts as a fertilizer and helps in keeping insects away from your plants. Can’t beat it. Also look for more information on things in my new gardening book coming out this spring.
2 plastic buckets
Plate, Brick or other heavy object that fits inside bucket
Flower pot that fits inside bucket
1. Cut holes into the bottom of a plastic bucket.
2. Fill bucket 3/4 full with Comfrey leaves. Pack down tightly.
3. Place a plate on top of the leaves and weigh it down with a brick or other heavy object.
4. Place an upside down flower pot inside another bucket. Set the bucket containing Comfrey leaves on top of the flower pot.
5. After 3 weeks, there should be a brown liquid in the bottom of the lower bucket. Bottle this liquid, an place the contents of the top bucket in the compost heap.
To use Comfrey spray, dilute 1 tablespoon with 2 pints of water. Add a teaspoon of dish washing liquid to the contents.