I gotta’ say this does help after sitting writing my stories for a few hours. GIve it a try sure can’t hurt ya.
1. Relax Your Breathing. If you do nothing else, do this simple breathing technique. Natural breathing is the foundation for the mind and body to relax and for qi to flow throughout the body. Stand in a comfortable position with your feet shoulder width apart, arms at your side, and knees slightly bent. Breathe into your stomach, allowing your abdomen to gently rise on inhale and fall on the exhale. After practicing for a while, this type of breathing often becomes your natural breath and you will feel more relaxed and calm. For a more in depth explanation, read this post.
2. Shake It Out. Maintaining the relaxed breathing, slowly begin to rock your shoulders and arms back and forth. Gradually increase this movement and shake out any tension. Remember to smile and have fun with it. You might even try adding a hardy belly laugh.
3. Gaze at the Heavens and Earth. Standing in the same position, relax your face and eyes. Slowly, bend your neck down and look at the ground, allow your muscles to relax. Then gently raise your head and look up. Try not to focus your gaze on any one particular object, but relax and look into the distance. Repeat this motion for about ten repetitions.
4. Look Both Ways Before You Cross. From a forward looking position, rotate your head to the left. When you have reached your limit, hold your head there for a moment and inhale, then slowly turn your head back to the right. Be careful not to over rotate which can cause pain and injury.
5. Rotate your head. Very very slowly roll your head in circles. Keep your eyes and face relaxed. Start rolling to the right ten times and then to the left. This is great to do in the middle of the day if you have minor neck pain.