Just downright tasty, if I do say so myself!
Here is an old-fashioned recipe for Molasses Cookies!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the molasses and sugar, and beat until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Cover the dough and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the chilled dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10–12 minutes, until they are set and lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These Molasses Cookies have a soft, chewy texture and a deliciously spiced flavor that will take you back to the olden days. Enjoy!