Hmm our Government here in Canada says it will be contributing $110 million in partnership with the government of Ontario, which will match our investment in Toyota.” Trudeau said. Doing so will enable 450 new jobs. My way of looking at it is that, that money is ours the people’s not the governments. . It’s my opinion that any jobs created by the government is not really an asset to us, if the government is paying for them out of our money. As we the working folks other than government has to pay for these new-found jobs. I suppose they are thinking in the long run it might pay off. But it will take a while if it does at all. My opinion only.
George Carlin’s Views on Aging
Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we’re kids? If you’re less than 10 years old, you’re so excited about aging that you think in fractions.
‘How old are you?’ ‘ I’m four and a half!’ You’re never thirty-six and a half. You’re four and a half, going on five! That’s the key.
You get into your teens, now they can’t hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.
‘How old are you?’ ‘I’m gonna be 16!’ You could be 13, but hey, you’re gonnabe 16! And then the greatest day of your life! You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!
But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There’s no fun now, you’re Just a sour-dumpling. What’s wrong? What’s changed?
You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you’re PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it’s all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50, and your dreams are gone….
But! wait!! ! You MAKE it to 60. You didn’t think you would!
So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50, and make it to 60.
You’ve built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that, it’s a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!
You get into your 80’s, and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn’t end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; ‘I Was JUST 92.’
Then a strange thing happens.. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. ‘I’m 100 and a half!’
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever, even ham radio. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s family name is Alzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND, ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
And, if you don’t send this to at least 8 people – who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!
With Maple Syrup Season approaching fast thought maybe you would like a recipe which makes a drink come alive. For those that enjoy a bit of spirit now and then, that is.
2 ounces bourbon
One teaspoon maple syrup (I like the darker grade)
3-4 dashes of bitters lemon or lime.
Finish off with a couple of small ice cubes.
The next step is to sit back in a quiet atmosphere and enjoy. I would think two of these would relax anyone.
Interesting maybe I should pick up a case of Bud.
A few Benefits of beer
1. Beer keeps your kidneys healthy A Finish study singled out beer among other alcoholic beverages, finding that it was better for your kidneys. In fact, each bottle of beer you drink reduces the risk of developing kidney stones by 40%.
2. Beer for better digestion Beer and especially dark beer contains up to one gram of soluble fibre* in each 30 cl glass – unlike wine, which doesn’t contain any fibre at all. Fibre plays an important role in intestinal transit (a fibre deficiency can cause gastric and intestinal disorders such as constipation or diarrhea).
3. Beer to lower your bad cholesterol The fibre in beer can also help reduce your levels of LDL cholesterol, i.e. the “bad” type of cholesterol.
4. Beer can increase your vitamin B levels Beer contains several B vitamins (B1, B2, B6 and B12). A Dutch study found that beer drinkers had 30 percent higher levels of vitamin B6 than their non-drinking counterparts, and levels that were twice as high as those of wine drinkers. Beer is also a generous source of vitamin B12, an anti-anemic factor not found in many foods.
5. Beer for stronger bones! A 2009 study concluded that the elevated levels of silicon in beer can contribute to higher bone density.
6. Beer as a cure for insomnia Lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, which are both in beer, can promote sleep!
7. Beer reduces your risk of a heart attack Beer drinkers have a 40 to 60 percent reduced risk of suffering a heart attack compared with non-beer drinkers.
8. Beer helps prevent blood clots The ingredients in beer help prevent blood clots from forming.
9. Beer boosts your memory According to studies, beer drinkers are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia than non-beer drinkers.
10. Beer helps combat stress Researchers at the University of Montreal found that two glasses of beer a day can reduce work-related stress or anxiety.
11. Beer as a cold remedy Drinking warm beer is an excellent cold remedy! When barley is warmed up it improves blood circulation and helps you breathe when you feel congested. It also provides relief for joint pain and boosts your immunity. So, how do you prepare it? Heat a bottle of beer in a double boiler and then add four small teaspoons of honey.
12. Beer makes skin more beautiful Good news for women! Certain vitamins in beer can regenerate the skin and have a positive impact on pigmentation. Your skin becomes smoother and suppler.
Good Morning: Cloudy morning here waking up in Port Loring Ontario. On another note I did manage to get the vegetable gardens planted for another year. Sure is nice to see all done up. I get more pleasure working in the garden than one could imagine. Relaxes me. My garlic this year is doing well, over a foot tall already. Will be a great year for gardens I am thinking, that is if you have a good source of water for irrigation. As I do think we could have a very dry warm summer. Hoping not too warm. With that enjoy your day, make it a good day. Only you can make it happen.
Weather Forecast: Cloudy starting off, then the sun will break through with warmer temperatures. Weather Station Home:
Rain Accumulations: We had 70 mm of rain yesterday and through the night. Just in time for those that have planted their gardens. Couldn’t be better.
Bug Report: Black Flies are annoying now and will remain with us for a few weeks. Mosquitoes are just starting.
Fishing Report: Today the old weather stick is saying that the best times to be out there will be from 9:56 AM – 11:56 AM. Then once again, later from 4:44 PM – 7:44 PM. I give it a 3 fish rating out of 5 for catching a few. Good Luck!
Highway Report: Highway 522 is bare and dry. Traveling will be good today. Wife and I took a trip to Mattawa on Wednesday and seen a car hit a moose on Highway 11 just before North Bay. Not a pretty sight. Care should be taken as the black flies puts these critters into a disoriented state this time of year.
Rises at 12:42 AM with 10:14 of moonlight, then sets at 10:56 AM
Rises at 5:36 AM with 15:23 of sunlight, then sets at 8:59 PM
Time to light the camp fire: 6:59 PM.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org